Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Leaves and Corn and Pumpkins

We had some fun this weekend being outside. I love Fall! I love the colors, the temperature, the crispness in the air. It makes me wish we could have Fall all year long, but I guess it wouldn't be so special if we had it all year long.

The birch tree in our front yard is always the first to change. It turns a brillant yellow and looks as if it's illuminated from within. But it is also the first to loose it's leaves and quickly. It only took one windy day and all the leaves were on the ground. Now it looks naked surronded by all the green trees on our yard. When it started to turn yellow Noah was a little sad. I was trying to convince him that it's so pretty when all the trees turn different colors but all he said was " I like it when the trees are green, I don't want them to be other colors." But I think he's starting to change his mind because he wants to be outside constantly raking the leaves.

On a side note, we had Luke's yearly cardiology check up last Wednesday, and everything looks great. They did an EKG, and echocardiogram and checked his BP too. Everything looked good. I love watching the echo, it's an ultrasound of his heart. It's so amazing to see his heart beating and watching the valves open and close, knowing what his little heart has been through. It was especially cool watching it in the same room, and on the same screen, that we were in while I was pregnant with him, when the cardiologist confirmed his heart condition, 2 1/2 years ago. I'm still amazed at how far he's come.




Nath and the boys in the leaves



Noah: "Just let me at those leaves!"


These next picture are Noah's
He wanted to take some on his own.
I think he has some talent. Maybe he'll take over for Opa!


This is Noah's picture of our sick tree.
He's very interested in this tree and likes to look inspect it often.
It has some fungal disease, but we've had it checked out and apparently it's ok.


Noah's pic of Daddy.
(I did some cropping)


Noah's pic of us


Luke didn't want Noah to take his picture


We went to the corn maze on Sunday with nath's family.
Noah and Luke got their own pumpkins there.

Luke and the pumpkins.

Luke and Oma on top of the bale pyramid.


Oma, Rach with Luke, Noah and Nath


Noah in the petting Zoo at the Corn maze. He LOVES Bunnies. They were his favorite over horses, a calf, goats, and everything else. They are also his favorite in the pet store.

The corn maze was pretty good but the bales, petting zoo and pumpkins were a lot more exciting for the boys. Thankfully they were included in the price of admission! We did try the corn maze for a bit but got tired of walking in circles. And all the corn looks the same to the boys, (and the adults) so we took a few illegal shortcuts and left early.

No comments: