Friday, October 17, 2008

Opinions needed

Luke and I had crafty afternoon last week. I was feeling bad that I was just using Noah's preschool afternoons as time to run errands. Not that Luke seemed to mind but I thought I'd have some fun with just Luke this afternoon while we can.


Here's the proud boy with one of his pumpkins





Okay, so here's where I need your help. I'm trying to finish up the nursery, and need some opinions on this dresser. I'm not sure if I should put the mirror on or leave it off. So here are the the pics of both. Please let me know which you think looks better.

With Mirror

Without mirror


I found a slipcover for the nursery chair yesterday, which makes me very happy. It' just a solid brown and makes the chair look a little retro but it's definitely better than the orange crushed velvet. It just needs a couple of cute throw pillows. Now I just need to hang a few things and I think I'm done.

We've been having a few issues with Luke lately. He is very sensitive and over reacting to a lot of things. His lip can stick out and quiver in no time flat over the simplest of things, like not getting into the right side of the van. I'm having a lot of flashbacks to his toddler tantrums. In talking with other moms this seems to be a normal reaction for 3 year olds prior to a new baby. I'm just hoping that he will get it out of his system before baby comes. And in the meantime we're trying to be sensitive to him but still trying to keep a reasonable balance of discipline for unreasonable reactions. Does that even make sense?

On an unrelated note, I am done Christmas shopping for my nephews. Which I'm happy about. I only have 2 though so technically it's not that significant an accomplishment, but it still makes me happy.

Don't forget to register your opinion on the dresser!

S

5 comments:

Corinna said...

I think it looks kind of retro with it on, but somehow prefer it without. That's my way of not being very decisive. Whatever you decide will look great. It's a great dresser.
You are super mom with your pumpkin crafting! Very cool.
Sounds like you guys are doing all the right things with your Luke too. Parenting is not an easy task, that's for sure! Probably doing some one-on-one with him is smart too...sometimes a little more attention solves a lot of problems. I could definitely do better at that!!

kristin said...

The one-on-one thing seems to be good for Luke. Noah had an extremely early bed time last night, so Nath took Luke to the park where they stopped in at the community centre to watch the kids play hockey (they even got popcorn). He was so happy when he got home, and went to bed without any fight. It's just so hard to get out with just one of them. The one who stays at home always feels so left out. As for the crafting, the internet is such a great resource. There are so many websites with great craft ideas and printable coloring pages!

Ryan, Jodi, Liam & Seth said...

put me down for "no mirror"

jodi

Carole Hiebert said...

Hey Kristin...my vote is for 'no mirror'! Great job on the dresser though!! I totally understand the whole balance thing with 2 kids. I often feel so guilty for not giving my older one more one on one attention during the day, or just doing fun and creative things with him. Right now life is so consuming with a baby! Can't use that as an excuse, I know, so it is nice to know that I'm not alone in that feeling! Hope your night is better tonight!
Carole

tk said...

I will say no mirror.
Hope all is going well.