Thursday, February 12, 2009

More February Celebrations

February is always a busy month for us. We have three family birthdays plus Valentine's Day. So this weekend we celebrated my birthday. My mom and dad came in Sunday to watch all three children while Nath and I went out for dinner.

My first choice of restaurants was The Clay Oven, a new Indian restaurant, but when we arrived there we discovered it was closed on Sundays, then my second choice was Stella's for a yummy bowl of soup, but as we arrived there at 5:05pm we were told they closed at 5!! So finally we drove back to the Kenaston area and went to Joey's for supper. Where I had Bombay Butter Chicken, which is what I order everytime we go there and I've never been disappointed. So I got my Indian food fix in the end.

Then we went back home for birthday cake my mom brought in. Emma did really well her first time away from mom, and even took a bottle.






Luke helping me with the cake


Proud Mama with her cute kiddies



Opening my birthday present from Nath and the boys
Luke still doesn't know quite how to keep a secret so it wasn't much of a surprise

Emma Bear having a nap



Cuddled up after a bath in her new towel from our friends after her bath.
She loves her bath, I've started putting her in the big tub so she can stretch out, she just kicks and smiles and talks the whole time!


Joanne makes these hooded bath towels and has an awesome sewing machine that does beautiful embroidery.

4 comments:

Carole Hiebert said...

Super cute towel! So good that you guys could go out and celebrate alone (together)! So....what did you get from the fam for your b-day?????

kristin said...

A "bunk" pan as Luke calls it, otherwise known as a bundt pan and a chocolate bar.

Heather said...

good for emma for taking a bottle! and yes, i was curious, too what your birthday gift was but saw the answer already!

Corinna said...

Mmmmm...bombay butter chicken...I was just thinking of the Clay Oven today, actually, thinking it would be fun to order in Indian food once the kids are in bed sometime. Too bad they weren't open, but I love Joey's too!! Sounds like a great birthday.