Friday was my brother's wedding. It was a wonderful day, and everything was perfectly executed. Beautiful ceremony at Young United Church, highlights included the cutest ring bearer EVER! (It was Noah, and no I'm not biased, you'll agree when you see the pics), and a pipe organ in full swing. Followed by a reception at Bergmann's on Lombard with delicious cheesecake and a live Jazz Band called "Fly By Night".
Noah did such a fantastic job as ring bearer, he was so handsome, and walked perfectly down the aisle beside the flower girl. Then the two of them stood at the front with the wedding party the whole time looking absolutely adorable.
I don't have a lot of pictures, due to the aformentioned camera batteries and the camera's lack of ability to take a good picture. But I'll include what I have and add more later as I get some from family members.
Noah did such a fantastic job as ring bearer, he was so handsome, and walked perfectly down the aisle beside the flower girl. Then the two of them stood at the front with the wedding party the whole time looking absolutely adorable.
I don't have a lot of pictures, due to the aformentioned camera batteries and the camera's lack of ability to take a good picture. But I'll include what I have and add more later as I get some from family members.
Luke striking a pose while getting dressed.
I have never seen two boys so excited to put on dress clothes.
From first thing in the morning they wanted to put on their ties.
So on Sunday for Mother's day, we joined Nath's family at Eric and Rach's place for Brunch. Then after lunch the ladies went out shopping for new lamps for Nath's mom for her Mother's day present. These are the ones she picked.
It was also Rach's birthday on Mother's day, so I brought a Pavlova for her birthday cake, unfortunately Rach wasn't feeling well and missed out on her birthday cake. Hope you feel better soon Rach!! (Leftovers are in your fridge)
And today it is raining, which is good. Everything has been so dry and dusty, it's really nice to see everything refreshed. And it's a good day to be inside since I have the biggest pile of laundry to fold and put away today. It's either 4 or 5 loads from our super capacity washer. I opted out of folding it on Mother's Day, but I've discovered that just because you get a "day off" as a mom isn't quite the same as a "day off" from any other job. It's not like a sub gets called in to take over all those chores that you would have done. They just sit there and wait for you to come back the next day.
2 comments:
Luke looks like such a little man in that first picture, wow. And your pavlova looks lovely, yum, a dessert I can actually eat! Was there a person with Celiac disease in the bunch or do you just like the dessert? Looks like a great weekend.
No celiacs, I was just looking for a light spring dessert. I hadn't evn thought of the gluten-free aspect, I'll have to keep that in mind. It was very easy to make.
Post a Comment