Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a really nice Mother's day. I got breakfast in bed and then after church, where all the Moms got chocolate, we headed home with TH for lunch. The boys were very excited to make a scavenger hunt for me to find my presents. They gave me some new gardening gloves and nice sharp gardening shears! I also got a very sweet handmade gift from Noah that he made at preschool. Then Nath surprised me with a swing for the backyard. I was so excited! It was such a beautiful afternoon, we spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard putting together the swing.

We got together with my family this past weekend to celebrate Mother's Day, where we met the newest member of the family, Rex! My brother and his wife traded in their bunny, Hawk, and got a sweet little boston terrier puppy. Everyone was quite enamoured with him.

We got my mom a tree for the back yard for Mother's day. So we all went out to the nursery to pick it out and then brought it back and planted it and enjoyed the sunshine before BBQing for supper. We were also celebrated Joel's recent graduation from University!



Emma reaching for Rex

She would touch him and pull on his rolly skin a little but he didn't seem to mind at all.

He even fell asleep on her lap.



The boys were digging for dinosaur bones


Borrowed Nath's tassel from his UofM grad 10 years ago. Yikes!
The green book was freckled mocha cake with whipped chocolate ganache filling and the blue book and graduation cap were caramel cake with the same filling but I added a good drizzle of Starbuck carmel sauce ontop of the ganache. Mmmmm. This was the first cake I covered in fondant, and it went pretty well, I probably would have redone a few spots if I would have had more time. But overall pretty happy with how it turned out. Just the mortar board and tassel are not edible.

Two of the courses he took, one of his favorites and one of his not-so-favorites


The happy graduate

No comments: