We had a fun Friday night with old friends/family in Altona. We get together about twice a year, and our gatherings have been getting bigger every year. There were 8 kids this year with my boys being the oldest at 4 and 5 years. And there are two more on the way.

I was so excited to finally have an opportunity to make these cupcakes.
Inspiration came from Bakerella
Oh how I wish I had a color printer, those paper baskets and fry holders are so cute.
Inspiration came from Bakerella
Oh how I wish I had a color printer, those paper baskets and fry holders are so cute.

Aren't they cute!
And they were really simple to make once I had everything I needed. (That required several trips to the store because I've been a little air-headed lately)
And in the end I settled on orange icing instead of the yellow I really wanted for the "mustard".

Noah enjoying one of Tash's Rice Krispie Butterflys
She also made adorable little bugs like these from Martha

7 out of 8 kids The youngest babe was inside sleeping
Look Em's not the only one in pink! There were other girls around for a change!

The Omas on the trampoline with some of their grand kids.
Looking forward to the Winter Gathering!
Looking forward to the Winter Gathering!




3 comments:
Oooh! I saw those on Bakerella too and I really would love to try them. Did they taste as good as they looked! I agree, the baskets, etc. really finish it off, hey?
Us 3 will have to get together and do a serious bake off! It would be a wild crazy time in the kitchen....reminiscent to Pioneer Woman's recent girls weekend!!
Yes they were quite tasty, and there weren't any left overs. (Oh to have PW's kitchen that could host a bake-off!)
Is it a requirement of your friends to bake cool looking desserts?? Very fun burgers...you're amazing.
Post a Comment