So our cabinets were installed at the end of April, and we have been waiting for our countertops since then. It is going on 7 weeks now.
Our counter top guy is having a few issues. There have been a lot of reasons, but mostly I think he has bitten off more than he can chew. He's a one-man-show who has taken on a few more jobs than he can handle right now and is apparently getting so busy that he's not paying attention to little things like measurements. He has made them wrong twice now, and I'm currently waiting for my third set or counters.
We decided to go with this guy because it was something different, he does concrete overlay and solid concrete. And so we decided on the overlay because you get the look of stone for the price of laminate. I'm not sure that was such a good idea any more.
And since she's mastered climbing the bunkbed ladder, she decided to start climbing up the end of the beds. She'll play for a while, then sit at the top of the ladder yelling "Maa-Maaaa!" until I come get her down.
Here's a first for me.
I made a wedding cake.
This is just the practice cake. The actual cake was delivered this past weekend.

This is how it turned out. I was happy with the results, but it sure was stressful.
I made the cake Friday, then transported it to Winkler. I was going to deliver it that evening, but took a look at it when we got there and the fondant along the side was totally droopy. So I called the bride and let her know that I'd drop it off the next morning. I ended up peeling off the entire layer of fondant and redoing it the next morning. I was very happy to hear that it all stayed in place the second time.
My child who loves pickles so much he requested them on his morning pancakes.
(But he won't eat them in a burger)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about the countertops! Can you use your cupboards at least already? You somehow managed to make a lovely cake in the midst though, way to go. Emma is so cute and getting so big, I haven't seen you in far too long. Maybe this summer we can get our kids together for a playdate sometime.
love the cake Kristin!
Thanks for the compliments girls. The kitchen in mostly usable. I just don't have anything it's permanent home yet and half of stuff is still in boxes downstairs, because my lower cabinets are basically useless until the counters in. The latest report was that he would be over Sunday morning, I'll believe it when I see it.
And Corinna, I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone at the wading pool this summer, if only this weather would smarten up!
Post a Comment