We celebrated Luke's 3rd Birthday this weekend. It was pretty low key. I've been running on low energy for a few weeks now so we decided to cut back and have a family only party. I felt kinda bad for Luke because we went to so much more work for Noah's party but I don't think Luke had any less fun. I didn't even make the cake myself, which I also had to deal with mommy-guilt about. But I felt really good about it all after the party was over and we all had had a really good time.
Luke's actual birthday was on Saturday, so we celebrated by having cinnamon buns for breakfast, then off to Music Lessons and to the Libraray. We went to the Veggie Tales movie at the cheap theatre in the afternoon, but had to leave early because Noah found it too suspenseful.
Luke has been promising a few things to us that he would do "after his birthday", he told us he would use the potty and go to Mini God Zone (Sunday school). So Sunday we put him to the test. We talked up the Mini God Zone all morning, and he was sounding pretty positive, but when it came to Nath dropping him off, he caved and Nath had to stay with him. So we'll have to work on that one a bit more. As for the potty training , we'll see how far we get with that this week. I can't say I'm extremely excited to clean up potty training messes while feeling nauseous with morning sickness, but I sure would love a break from changing diapers. It's been 4 years and 3 weeks of changing diapers, and it would be great to have a break before it starts all over again.
Luke's actual birthday was on Saturday, so we celebrated by having cinnamon buns for breakfast, then off to Music Lessons and to the Libraray. We went to the Veggie Tales movie at the cheap theatre in the afternoon, but had to leave early because Noah found it too suspenseful.
Luke has been promising a few things to us that he would do "after his birthday", he told us he would use the potty and go to Mini God Zone (Sunday school). So Sunday we put him to the test. We talked up the Mini God Zone all morning, and he was sounding pretty positive, but when it came to Nath dropping him off, he caved and Nath had to stay with him. So we'll have to work on that one a bit more. As for the potty training , we'll see how far we get with that this week. I can't say I'm extremely excited to clean up potty training messes while feeling nauseous with morning sickness, but I sure would love a break from changing diapers. It's been 4 years and 3 weeks of changing diapers, and it would be great to have a break before it starts all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment